Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to back up my Podio data?
There are 3 good reasons why you should consider backing up your Podio data:
- We believe that Podio already does a very good job at keeping your data accessible. However, in the unlikely event that their servers were to go offline, you could lose access to your data and possible do serious harm to your business. Having a backup available in your cloud storage or FTP-server ensures the continuity of your business .
- In Podio, if you delete an item, an app or a workspace the action is not reversible . This means that you could lose critical company data such as leads, projects or client details. Months, or even years, of work could be lost in just a few seconds. All it takes is one moment of distraction, one miscommunication or one disgruntled employee.
- Importing data incorrectly from an excel file can easily corrupt your data with no way of changing it back, especially if that data is linked to other apps. With our app you can easily restore the data of your app to how it was just before your data import.
How does the Trial Period work?
We offer you a 14-day free trial to try out our Backup & Restore app for Podio. This trial version gives you access to all features that come with our 'Turbo' price plan. To ensure that your backup stays live after the trial period, you need to select your price plan via the settings page. The first payment will then take place as soon as your trial has expired. If no price plan has been selected before the end of your trial, we will close your account at Momentum and delete the Podio data that we have backed up so far for your Podio account.
What kind of data is included in the backup?
We back up the following data from Podio:
- Comments on items and workspaces
- Tasks linked to an item or a workspace
- App Tempates
- Globiflow workflows
What kind of data is not being backed up?
The following data will not be backed up: Reports, Widgets and Workspace Contacts.
How safe is my data?
The backups and the Podio access tokens are secured with the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) using 256-bit encryption key. Applying the best practices of Encryption methods, we use a different initialization vector for every record, meaning it is virtually impossible to extract the data via reversed engineering. All the data is stored in Amazon Cloud (Dublin, Ireland). The backup happens over a secure connection (SSL) between Podio and our server.
Where is my backup stored?
We store your backup on 3 different locations:
- Our Amazon Cloud servers: We store a complete version of your Podio data (including metadata, revisions and workflows) on our Amazon Cloud servers. This is the data that we rely on to restore your data.
- Your Podio Account: If you are an admin of the organization, we create a new backup workspace with a backup app. This app will contain a raw version of your backup in CSV format. Extra information such as metadata, revisions and workflows is not included. If you are not an admin of the organization, we cannot create a new workspace. In this case we will place the backup app in the first existing workspace. You can change the location of this backup app via the settings page of our website.
- Your Own Server: We offer you the option to also store your backup in your own server (cloud or ftp). We support Sharefile, Dropbox and Google Drive.
Can I back up all workspaces I am a member of?
Unfortunately not. We can only back up the workspaces of which you are either a regular member or an admin. If a new workspace is created, you must be invited to this workspace in order for us to then automatically add this workspace to your backup. Please note that because of webhook restrictions, we are not able to back up task updates if you are a non-admin user. That's why we advice you to ensure you have admin rights in every workspace that you want to back up.
How often does Momentum back up my data?
We automatically back up your Podio data once per day or per week, depending on your price plan. This means that you don’t have to worry about scheduling at all. If you want to back up an app or a workspace to save the latest changes, you can start a new backup manually at any time via our dashboard.
What happens when I restore a deleted item?
When you restore an item, it will be restored with all its related comments, tasks, revisions & files. The comments will be visible with the name of the original poster and with its original timestamp.
What happens when I undo a data import?
When you revert a data import, we will restore the data of your app to how it was just before your data import. This means that all changes that appened after the data import - such as creating new items or updating existing ones - will be reverted as well.
What happens if I accidently delete my backup?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with deleted backups.
Which features are on the roadmap for this extension?
Here is an overview of upcoming features:
- Connect your backup to Sharefile - May '17
- Connect your backup to Google Drive - June '17
- Restore deleted apps - July '17